- No products in the basket.
There’s nothing better than a cold raw berrycake on a hot summer’s day. I’ve made this recipe on two separate occasions and both were so delish and it just needed to be shared, so here you go!
150g soft Medjool dates
1 tbsp cinnamon
pinch of salt
350g raw cashews, soaked for at least 5 hours, overnight is best
juice of 2 lemons
1 vanilla bean seeds (or 1 tsp. alcohol-free vanilla extract)
4 tbsp coconut oil, melted
4 tbsp agave nectar (or honey – solid or liquid)
200ml canned coconut milk (shaken)
150g mixed berries (thaw completely if using frozen)
1. Place nuts and dates in a food processor with salt and pulse to chop until they are to your desired fineness. Test the crust by spooning out a small amount of mixture and rolling it in your hands. If the ingredients hold together, your crust is perfect.
Scoop out crust mixture in a 18cm springform pan (if you don’t have a springform pan, use a pie plate lined with cling film), and press firmly, making sure that the edges are well packed and that the base is relatively even throughout.
2. Warm coconut oil and agave nectar or honey in a small saucepan on low heat until liquid. Whisk to combine.
3. Place all filling ingredients in the food processor/blender and blend on high until very smooth
4. Pour onto the crust and place in freezer until solid.
5. To serve, remove from freezer 30 minutes prior to eating. Run a smooth, sharp knife under hot water and cut into slices. Serve on its own, or with fresh fruit. Store leftovers in the freezer (haha what leftovers tho?).