- No products in the basket.
As much as I love bread doughs, sometimes you just need a quick dessert, one that doesn’t take 5h to make. So here it is! Coconut and chocolate – match made in heaven. Crunchy on the outside + chewy in the middle. I first made these and took the photos awhile ago, and just as I started writing this post, my mouth started watering and the only right thing to do was to make them again. Also, another reason to procrastinate and never finish something you started months ago, amirite? Anyway, before I was done with the dishes, they were baked and ready to be paired with melted chocolate *angel voices* aaaaaaaah
This recipe is for around 10-15 macaroons. You’re welcome to multiply the amount of ingredients for the amount that you want! 😀
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 75g chocolate
- Preheat oven to 170C and line the bottom of a tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl combine the egg whites, sugar, vanilla and salt, and whisk until they are completely combined and foamy.
- Pour the coconut over the mixture and stir until it’s all evenly moistened.
- Use a cookie scoop, or a small rounded gravy spoon like I did, and press the mixture in a bit, so the scoop is full and the mounds are compact, then place them onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes, best is to check until the edges and a bit of the top are golden brown. When they are done, set aside and leave to cool.
- Meanwhile, place the chocolate into a bowl and melt in the microwave or sit over a pan of barely simmering water (a bain-marie) and allow the chocolate to melt, stirring occasionally. Make sure the water is not touching the bowl!
- Drizzle the chocolate over the cooled macaroons, or dip the bottoms in, allowing it to come up slightly over the edges. Let it set before eating.
Listen to this while you bake!