- No products in the basket.
We all know there are just some things that you shouldn’t mix or experiment with, but hey – mug cakes definitely don’t fall under that category. Today I’m sharing my fave, a classic, basic chocolate mug cake recipe, and I challenge you to mix and match different things to make your own favourite version!
Microwave, a big mug, and 5 simple ingredients is all you need. And for the additional tasty extras – try swapping caster with coconut sugar, add nuts, berries, fruit, more chocolate or even peanut butter – you name it. Just like the other gluten and dairy free recipes I post, you’re welcome to swap them for regular flour and dairy! Also don’t forget to send me your faves because I definitely wanna update this post at some point with the very best ones, for those who maybe don’t have time to try out different things and need a delish recipe that works – asap as possible : )
- 4tbsp gluten-free self raising flour (or make your own by adding 2tsp of baking powder to 150g of plain flour)
- 4tbsp caster sugar
- 2tbsp cocoa powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tbsp canned coconut milk
- Mix the flour, cocoa powder and sugar in a large mug.
- Add the egg and milk, and mix until everything is smooth and without any lumps.
- Place in the centre of the microwave on a high setting, and cook for 3 minutes, or until it has stopped rising and the top is almost firm (or leave it just a tad soft for a lava cake taste-alike:)
And there you go! Perfect for early mornings and the times when you really need something sweet, without having to leave the house (because lbr no one wants to do that).
P.S. Jessy Lanza’s new track is so good!!